Re: [udig-dev] rethrow exception in EditManagerImpl#commitTransaction

Hi,

I am also aware of this issue a long tine ago. In my application I have modify EditManagerImpl so that when an exception is caught an error MessageDialog is displayed to the user in both cases indicating a problem.
Moreover since in most of the cases espacially when dialing with database layers (I work with mysql layers) the problem is not recoverable (transaction is actually doomed) I resort in closing the transaction and initiating a new one.
I can submit a proposed PR for review th coming days if you think that this behaviour can be useful.

ÎÏÎÏ ÎÏÎ, 23 ÎÎÏ 2018 ÏÏÎÏ 4:55 Î.Î., Î/Î Frank Gasdorf <fgdrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
Interesting, in rollbackTransaction() https://github.com/locationtech/udig-platform/blob/master/plugins/org.locationtech.udig.project/src/org/locationtech/udig/project/internal/impl/EditManagerImpl.java#L455 the Exception is re-thrown while in commitTransaction() it isn't.

IMH the catched IOException should be re-thrown in commitTransaction() either

--
Frank