Re: [location-iwg] uDig 2.0.0 released

Are you saing that an announcement on Eclipse Locationtech Mailing list implies that it is an "offical" Eclipse release.Â

By distributing bits from the official Eclipse Foundation managed GitHub Organization and repository, labeling those bit a "release", and then announcing that those bits represent a a "release", I expect any reasonable person to assume that you're making an explicit statement that it is an official Eclipse release. The little "latest release" badge on the left sort of reinforces this, don't you think?Â
I totally agree, it isn't an offical release, because uDig is still an incubation project and IP review haven't finished yet.

It still looks like a release. There is no reasonable way for a consumer to understand that this is anything other than an actual release.

Contrast that with the 2.0.0RC1 "Pre-release" further down the page.
From my point of view it was necessary to show up again and let the world know that uDig is alive, whereelse I can share this than on the mailing lists uDig can use?

Agree.
Maybe its worth to call it an unoffical release in the subject to make it clear

If it's an unofficial release, then it can't be hosted using an official channel. Until the project has engaged in a Release Review, only "milestones" and "release candidates" can be hosted.

The EDP is pretty clear in this regard.

WayneÂ